1. Homework is given every night of the school week. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
2. A minimum of 30 minutes of reading is to be completed every night of the week.
3. A minimum of 3 minutes of math fact practice (flash cards, computer game, card game, etc) is to be completed every night of the week.
4. Homework is to be complete, neat, and have a proper heading.
5. Homework is due and will be turned in first thing in the morning.
6. There is no excuse for not completing an assignment because you “didn’t understand.”
• It is your responsibility to make sure you understand your homework before you leave the classroom.
• Call your study buddy and ask for help.
• If you still don’t understand, call your teacher (before 9pm). If I don’t answer, please leave a message. Mr. C’s phone: 510-388-2928
7. Complete your work carefully and thoughtfully.
When homework is not turned in on time, or it is turned in incomplete, the student will have Homework Detention during AM RECESS (10:10 – 10:25). During Homework Detention the student will work on completing the missing homework assignment. If a student consistently forgets homework, the student may need to stay after school for Study Hall. The student will call his/her parents in the morning (before 8:30) to notify them of Study Hall and late pickup.
Study Hall is a time to complete unfinished homework and to work on other academic activities as assigned by the teacher. Students are expected to stay until 2:30pm. There will be no early pickups from Study Hall.